Upcoming Choir Concerts at McDowell

This years McDowell’s choir concert is coming up fast! We will be holding a holiday concert on December 12th. The songs we are doing for the holiday concert are: Christmas Time is Here by Lee Mendelson, Winter Wonderland by Michael Buble, My Favorite Things by Oscar Hammerstein III, Jingle Bell Rock by Bobby Helms and Auld Lang Syne by Robert Burnsto to end the concert. My favorite song that we are singing for the Holiday concert is Jingle Bell Rock. What is your favorite Christmas song?
The 2nd concert we are doing is in February for our Winter concert. We haven’t decided all the songs for the Winter concert, but we do know we are singing Wade in da Water by Ramsey Lewis and Sam Cooke and J. W. Alexander. Both of these songs have a smooth flow. Right after the Winter concert is in the Spring. It is our end of the year concert. We don’t know any songs we are doing for the Spring concert, but we have decided it will contain some fun pop music to wrap up the wonderful year!
As I said before, It’s Mcdowell’s choir concert, so that means 7th and 8th grade choir students are both doing the concert together. Both grades learned the same song, but 7th grades way of singing it may not be exactly the same as the 8th grades way of singing the songs. We do this so it sounds more complicated and it twists things up to make it sound graceful at the same time. Ms. Barbieri, our talented choir teacher has also given the students with lower voices the option to sing the harmony and students with higher voices the choice to sing with the melody. I usually sing with the harmony. Tell me in the comments if you sing with the harmony or the melody!
Also, a special thanks to Ms. Barbieri for teaching us so much. She has been so helpful and patient with our class. She has made class educational, but keeps it fun. Plus to all the choir students that make the songs sound so beautiful and committing to the class. I am so excited for the upcoming concerts here at McDowell!

One comment