Hello! It’s Rain and I have a new blog post to share with you. For my post I chose to interview one of the staff members at McDowell middle school. The staff member I chose to interview was Mrs. Borland. Mrs. Borland is the librarian here at McDowell. In the interview I asked Mrs. Borland these questions:
1) How long have you been working at McDowell?
Mrs. Borland’s answer: “I have been working at McDowell for twenty years.”
2) What is your favorite book?
Mrs. Borland’s answer: ” Out of all books I have read, I would say the Bible is my favorite.”
3) What is your favorite part of working here at McDowell?
Mrs. Borland’s answer: ” I really enjoy motivating students to read.”
4) Have you ever worked at a different school; if so for how long?
Mrs. Borland’s answer: “I was a substitute for four years. I have been to Circleville, Zane Trace, Teays Valley, and Westfall.”
5) What is the most challenging part about being a librarian?
Mrs. Borland’s answer: “The most challenging part would be having enough money to buy the books for the library.”
6) What was your dream job when you were a child?
Mrs. Borland’s answer: ” To be a naturalist at a nature park.”
7) How many children do you have?
Mrs. Borland’s answer: ” I have a son and a daughter. I
also have three grandchildren.”
8) Where is your hometown?
Mrs. Borland’s answer: “My hometown is Chillicothe.”
9) Do you have any pets?
Mrs. Borland’s answer: “Sadly, I don’t have any pets. I did have a Cocker Spaniel named Wrinkles.”
It was a lot of fun interviewing Mrs. Borland. I really liked talking to her. Thank you for reading my blog!