Super Bowl LIII

This year’s contenders for the Super Bowl are the New England Patriots and the Los Angeles Rams. Both teams had to play there very best in their Conference Championship games to get to the Super Bowl. Both teams had to go into overtime to get the win. The upcoming game should be good. This is how the Conference games went down. First, the

NFC Conference game was between the Rams and the Saints. The Saints had home field advantage. The Saints got off to a hot first quarter scoring 13 points. Then, the momentum switched with the Rams kicking a field goal and Todd Gurley scoring a touchdown. Both teams went into halftime looking for the momentum. The Saints score the first touchdown, but the Rams answer with another. Heading into the fourth quarter the Saints are up 20-17.  With 5 minutes to go the Rams kick a field goal to tie the game up. The next possession the Saints are driving down the field. The Saints are inside the red zone and it is third down. Drew Brees throws right and it looks like the defender can intercept it and take it the other way, but instead, the defender hits the receiver before the ball got there and there was no penalty.(Saints fans are still complaining) The Saints ended up having to kick a field goal. The Rams drove down the field and kicked a field goal with 9 seconds left on the clock. The clock runs out and the game is heading into overtime, with the score tied at 23-23. The Saints won the coin toss and want the ball. The Rams are getting good pressure on Drew Brees and tip one of his passes and one of the other defenders intercepts the ball. All the Rams have to do is kick a field goal and they will win and that’s exactly what they did. Greg Zuerlein kicked a 57-yard field goal to win the game.

The AFC game was on after the NFC game. The Chiefs have home field advantage. The Patriots also got off to a hot start scoring 7 points in the first quarter and 7 points in the second quarter. The Chiefs offense isn’t doing as well as they were during the regular season, they averaged 35 points in the regular season and have zero right now. Although, in the second half the Chiefs come out scoring, putting them down by 7. The Patriots come back kicking a field goal making the score 17-7. In the fourth quarter, the Chiefs come out hot scoring 2 touchdowns. The Patriots are on the 10-yard line and it is fourth and two with 3 minutes to go, everyone thinks it is going to be a pass, but the Patriots surprise the defense with a run to Sony Michel and score making the score 24-21. The Chiefs drive down the field and score a touchdown with 2 minutes to go. Tom Brady has an answer of his own, converting on three, third and longs and scoring a touchdown. There are 39 seconds for Patrick Mahomes to drive down the field and kick a field goal. Patrick Mahomes puts his team in position and they make the field goal. The game is headed into overtime. The Patriots won the coin toss and are getting the ball. The Patriots have no problem driving down the field and have it on the Chiefs 2 yard line. The Patriots run the ball and score a touchdown, winning the game 37-31.

Both teams played very well. Here are some stats from the Rams game. Jared Goff was 25-40 with one touchdown passing and an interception. CJ Anderson had 44 yards on 16 carries and Todd Gurley had 10 yards on 4 carries and a touchdown. The leading receiver was Brandin Cooks with 7 receptions for 107 yards. Here are the stats from the Patriots game. Tom Brady was 30-46 with 348 passing yards a touchdown and two interceptions. Sony Michel had 113 yards and two touchdowns and Rex Burkhead had 41 yards and two touchdowns. The leading receiver was Julian Edelman with 7 receptions for 96 yards.

Going into the Super Bowl the Rams are predicted to win. They have a 52.4% chance of winning and the Patriots have a 47.6% chance of winning. This will be the third straight time the Patriots have gone to the Super Bowl and the Rams first in Los Angeles. Tom Brady is 5-3 in the Super Bowl and that’s why a lot of people think the Patriots are going to win. The Rams players are young and inexperienced, but very talented. Who do you think will win the Super Bowl? Click here to take me poll to predict who will win.


Week 9 Blogging Challenge

This post is for the Week 9 Blogging Challenge. I did not do one of the tasks, but I did do something my teacher asked of me. In this post, I wrote about three different blogs. I gave a 1-2 sentence summary and wrote what I thought was appealing on their blog.

My (Christmas) Blog   

I thought that the person writing this post did a great job writing how to make it snow, creating a Christmas countdown and creating an image on their blog.

Christmas Traditions       

I thought the person writing this blog post did an outstanding job explaining what are some Christmas traditions some people do. I thought it was appealing that he talked about what he did every year for Christmas.


Week 8 Blog Challenge

The person who wrote this did a good job explaining why they enjoy Christmas. I thought it was appealing that they talked about why they didn’t like Christmas just for the presents, but they like Christmas because they get to see their family.



Winter Sports

Ball on Hoop

      McDowell Middle School is headed into Winter sports! McDowell’s Winter sports are basketball, (girls and boys) wrestling and cheerleading. The following has made the 7th-grade boys basketball team. Colton Eplin, Lance Haupt, Talan Jenkins, Blake Kanniard, Kyle Rine, Ian Roese, Brody Sabine, Cameron Smith, Carson Summers, and Alden Williams. The boys first basketball game is at Liberty Union. The game is on December 6th and starts at 5:00 PM. These are the 8th-grade boys’ basketball players. Braylen Baker, Tanner Holbert, Drew Tomlinson, Gavin Griffey, Carter Weitelmann, Luke Thompson, Clay Reed, Hunter Auflick, Nick Coleman, Dylan Cantrell, and Allen Boerner. The 8th graders first game is on December 6th and is at Liberty Union. It starts right after the 7th-grade game. The following has made the 7th-grade girls basketball team. Tia Fowler, Taylor Fowler, Lilly Brenning, Kaitlyn Otterbacher, Jenna Allison, Katie Wilson, Clara Wilson, Lynsay VanHoose, Enaja Fisher, Cadence Haupt, Addison Dietrich, and Brooke Cooper. The 7th-grade girls first game is on November 29th and is home against Teays Valley East. It starts at 5:00 PM. These are the 8th-grade girls who made the team. Chloe Karshner, Meredith Jarvis, Ava Neff, Kaitlyn Fultz, Hannah Smith, Camryn Ross, Tayla Tootle, Breanne Williams, and Jillian Ayers. The 8th-grade girls first game is on November 29th and is home. The girls game starts after the 7th graders game. These are the wrestlers. RJ Weber, Kane Barnes, Owen Braun, Logan Lowe, Tim Miller, Andrew Walters, Nick Schob, Marcus Young, Joey Diles, Trent Francis, Dakota Sturms, Thomas Miller, Bradyn Allen, Mason Grate, Trey Fout, and Aiden Elzey. The wrestlers first meet is on December 1st and it’s an invitational at Centerburg. These are the cheerleaders who will cheer for the boys’ basketball. Brianna Bissell, Cierra Hurlburt, Zohie Lilly, Eva Marshall, Gracie Forrest, Kenise Riegel, Sophie Ash, Gina Fenorchito and Adaysn Tatman. They will be cheering on the boys’ basketball on December 6th at Liberty Union that starts at 5:00 PM. Good luck Logan Elm Winter sports!