Christmas Traditions

Christmas is time is right around the corner! One of the this week task was to write about your celebrations. I decided to write about my Christmas traditions. Christmas is my favorite holiday, and it’s only a few weeks away! On Christmas morning my brothers and I get up super early and go downstairs and look at the Christmas tree before waking my parents up. Once we wake my mom and dad up and they get up and ready, we head downstairs. As soon as we look at the tree, my brothers and I all get so excited. We immediately decide who opens their presents first. It usually ends up where My smallest brother goes first, then my other brother, and then me. I always let them go first every year because they are younger than me, so I let them have a chance before I go!
After we have opened our presents at my house, we go to my grandparents house on my dad’s side. There my aunt is with us when we eat breakfast which is french toast, bacon, eggs, etc. Then we open our presents. Usually my grandma color codes our gifts. It’s a lot of fun!
After we are done celebrating there, we go to my grandparents on my mom’s side of the family and all of my distant cousins come and aunts and uncles. It’s so much fun! We hang out and catch up with each other… Then we eat dinner. It is the best dinner of the year! First we pray, and then we eat turkey and ham, cranberry salad, mashed potatoes, and so much more! Once we are done eating, we all open a few little gifts we got for one another. After about an hour later, my distant family leaves. After they leave we go into the living room and open a BUNCH of presents! When I say a bunch, I mean a bunch! Like we have done all day, we take turns opening our gifts right after we pray. Once everyone is finished opening their presents, my 2 brothers and I look for a pickle ornament on the tree. Whoever finds it first, gets to open their big present first. Last year we got bean bag chairs and I got a dressing table! One year I got my first iPod, and another year I got an electric scooter! It is one of my favorite parts of our Christmas traditions.
We leave about 30 minutes later after saying our “thank you’s” and “goodbyes”. Once we get home, we are so eager to play with our new toys we got, but mom and dad says to go to bed… and we do… until my brothers and I know my parents are asleep. Then we get u and tip toe downstairs to play with our presents! This is my Christmas tradition, what is yours? Tell me in the comments!