Ready Player One Book Review

READY PLAYER ONE

By: Jude. S

On March 29, 2018 the movie Ready Player One will be in theaters. It is based on a book written by Ernest Cline. The book takes place in Columbus, Ohio following a boy named Wade Watts who lives in the stacks (stacked up RV’s in a wood construction). He spends all his time in the OASIS which is a on

line VR world with endless possibilities: school, gaming, talking to friends, you name it. The creator of this world, James Halliday, has just passed away. He left a video recording that made the world go crazy. It said that he has hidden easter egg within the OASIS and whoever finds them owns the game and inherits his fortune. Wade Watts is an admirer of James and has read, watched, and played everything played in James’s almanac which is mostly from the 80’s. Wade’s quest is to find the easter eggs through mind puzzling riddles and challenges  before anybody else. The book is filled with action, secrecy, and the intensity for the hunt of the eggs.  When I read this book I could not put it down. Anybody who loves video games or love the 80’s should read it. When I read this book I think of the possibilities and the future yet to come.