The Xbox One X

On this day, November 7th, the most powerful home video game console was released for sale.  This console, made by Microsoft, is a more powerful version of their four year old Xbox One console, which came out in 2013.  This new console, called the Xbox One X, is supposedly 40 percent more powerful than any other console on the market.  It has been said that this console is on the same level as high-end gaming personal computers (PC’s).  It is truly a feat of technological engineering in the console world. 

Now, down to the specifics.  However, before we get in to that subject, we first need to know what 4k resolution is.  Many televisions in peoples’ houses transmit with 1920 x 1080 pixels on the screen, simply called 1080p.  These horizontal and vertical lines of pixels add up to 2.1 million pixels on the screen.  4k resolution, however, contains 3840 x 2160, which adds up to 8.3 million pixels.  This increase in pixel count makes the picture much clearer than what it would be in 108p.  However, 4k resolution can only be achieved on a 4k television, which is much less common among American households than the traditional 1080p or 720p televisions.  However, games will still look better on your traditional televisions, so you do not necessarily a 4k TV unless you want to take full advantage of this console.   Now that we have that out of the way, we can finally get to the specifics of this monster of a console.

Source:  Microsoft

Now, many of you reading right now might be thinking:  What does all of this nonsense mean?!?!?!?  Well, fear not, for I have the answers to your questions (I think…)  I have already told you what 4k resolution means, which is what many games on the Xbox One X will run at, but what does all of this other stuff mean?  Well, the six teraflop GPU gives the console the ability to easily run games at the resolution of 4k, and gives video games graphics more detail and realism.  The twelve gigabytes of GDDR5 RAM, which even I have no idea what it means or stands for, will allow for bigger game worlds, and further horizons.  Finally, the 326 gigabytes per second of memory bandwidth will allow for much faster loading times, which will make games more immersive.  This console, which is the most powerful console ever, is also the smallest Xbox ever, which is another engineering feat.  This console will also have a built in 4k blu-ray player, that lets you watch your movies in stunning 4k as well, while a 4k blu-ray player by itself can cost hundreds of dollars.  This brings us to our next important topic about this console:  The price.

Upon release, this console will cost 500 dollars, which many people find to be too much for a console.  Luckily, you will not have to spend more money on new games or controllers, since normal Xbox One games and accessories will work on this console.  However, compared to the high end PC’s that I mentioned earlier, which can cost thousands of dollars, this console is a great deal due to the power that it has.  Another issue that this console could face is its rather lackluster amount of games that will take full advantage of this console at launch.  In order for a game to support 4k on this console, the video game developer has to update their game to support this resolution, which not very many best selling games are doing as of yet.

Microsoft has said that this console is for the hardcore gamer who wants to have the best graphics and best way to play their games on a console.  However, casual gamers can still buy this console, but you should really have a 4k TV and the money to take full advantage of this console, which I do not have the money for right now, unfortunately.  Do you have the money though?  Will you buy this console?  Tell me your opinions in the comments.  Thank you for reading my blog post!  Bye!!!

Info from: https://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one-x