Circleville Pumpkin Show

Related imageThe Circleville Pumpkin Show is right around the corner, it is only two days away.  The Circleville Pumpkin Show is known as the Greatest Show on Earth.  You will be learning about the history of the Pumpkin Show, which has been around since 1903.  There are many different things that you can do at the Pumpkin Show including riding rides, eating your favorite pumpkin food, visiting with friends, or just walking around.  There are many things to know about the Circleville Pumpkin Show.

First, how did the Pumpkin Show get started?  The  mayor of Circleville at that time, George Haswell, decided he wanted to get all the different people from the county and all the people of the city together.  So he invited the farmers to bring their best produce to town on certain dates and display them on the streets of Circleville.  The best produce won a prize.  The  Circleville Pumpkin Show has always been held on the downtown streets of Circleville, and probably always will be.

Secondly, there are many things that you can do at the Pumpkin Show.  You could ride rides like: the Ali Baba, the Carousel, the Viking Ship, the Musical Express, the Zipper, the Star, the Ferris Wheel, the dinosaur ride, Twister, the Rodeo, or even the Alien Abduction.  You could also do the fun house or games like:  fish for the duck with a star, roller bowler, ski ball, pop the balloon, ring the cane, bb gun shoot the star, and/or go fish.  My favorite thing to do is walk around and eat food.  Some of the special food you can purchase is: pumpkin log roll, pumpkin pie, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin waffles, pumpkin soup, pumpkin bread, pumpkin fries, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin dumplings, pumpkin burgers, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin fudge, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin latte, and pumpkin whoopie pies.  My favorite place to go at Pumpkin Show is the Bell Station Home Goods store at the corner of Watt Street and Pickaway Street.  I like it because they have one dollar drinks outside and inside they have nice jewelry that any woman would like.

To sum everything up I hope you enjoyed my blog post.  Hopefully, you learned something about how the Pumpkin Show got started, as well as something you can/could do when you visit it.  Here is a little pop quiz for you. What is the Pumpkin Show also known as?  You know it! It is The Greatest Free Show on Earth.  Again, hope you enjoyed  my blog post.

Image from: ohiowin.com