Valentine’s Day!

download

Image came from: www.primarygames.com/holidays/valentines/games.php

Valentine’s Day is today.  When I was younger I loved Valentine’s Day, the candy, the cards,  and those cheap little Valentine’s Day toys. Valentine’s Day was my favorite holiday!  Even though Valentine’s day is not my favorite holiday anymore, I still enjoy the holiday. So this post will contain the history of Valentine’s Day and a fun little Valentine’s Day craft! Enjoy reading!

Here is a little history about Valentine’s Day. This is one of many versions about how Valentine’s Day came to be.  St. Valentine was a priest who served during third century Rome. During this time, there was an Emperor who ruled Rome named Claudius II. Emperor Claudius II thought that single men made better soldiers than those that were married and banned marriage for all young men serving in his army. Supposedly, Valentine, decided this law wasn’t fair and decided to marry young couples secretly. When Emperor Claudius II found out about Valentine’s actions he had him imprisoned, and later put to death. Some stories say that the couples, who Valentine had married, gave flowers and letters to Valentine when they visited him in the prison. Again this is just one of the many different versions of the history of Valentine’s Day.

Now that you know a little history about Valentine’s Day, how about we learn a little Valentine’s Day craft. This is how to make a Crepe Paper Rose Bouquet.

So go to the movies or stay at home, eat all that amazing chocolate, make all those hand made cards to send out to your friends, and maybe if your lucky you’ll get a huge stuffed animal! What would your perfect Valentine’s Day be like? Comment your thoughts down below! Like I said before  enjoy your Valentine’s day! Thank you for reading!

One comment