Top Ten Halloween Candies

candyzHalloween is an exciting time of the year.  Children like to dress up as characters or other things and go trick-or-treating.  Some adults like to stay at home and hand out candy.  Both of those may be fun, but most people think that the best part of Halloween is the candy.  Kids love getting candy for their costumes every year.  The question is, do you know what America’s favorite candies are?  This blog will tell you all about what the best candies are, based on sale facts from the USA Today website, as of 2015.

1.) Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
USA Today says these are the most popular candies for American children as of 2015.  People like these candies so much that they sell almost $510 million of Reese’s.  Reese’s come in mini, the regular size and around Halloween, a pumpkin shaped version.  A big reason people like these candies because they come in individual packaging, so they are easy to give out.  These treats are a delicious treat for anyone, except if you are allergic to peanut butter.

2.) M&M’s
These bite-sized chocolates rake in about $500 million a year.  This is the second highest selling regular candy, they are ranked eighth in snack-sized brands.  People like M&M’s to put in things like cookies and others, but others love them just to snack on.  M&M’s come in minis, peanut, pretzel, peanut butter, regular and the company has recently announced a new caramel variety.  Peanut M&M’s are the top selling M&M’s out of them all.

3.) Snickers
Snickers were the third most popular candy sold last year at Halloween.  This popular candy has the equally popular catchphrase, “You’re not you when you’re hungry.”  Last year, $457 million worth of snickers were sold.  Some people like this candy because of its many layers, which include caramel, nougat, peanuts and chocolate.  Snickers are another delicious candy, if you don’t have peanut allergies.

4.) Hershey’s
Number four on the most popular candies list is Hershey’s milk chocolate bars.  Hershey’s are a popular brand of chocolate that has been around since 1900.  These candies are passed out on Halloween quite a bit, raking in $325 million in 2015.  Did you know that chocolate can actually be good for you?  Well, it can, and that is probably a good reason to buy Hershey’s.  The sales for Hershey bars increased by 12% in 2015 at Halloween.  Hershey’s come in regular, almond, cookies and creme and dark chocolate.

5.) Kit-Kat
Kit-Kats were the fifth most sold Halloween candy of 2015.  They sold about $307 million worth of Kit-Kats last year.  Kit-Kats also launched a co-promotion with Google for Android called simply “KitKat.”  Kit-Kats are packaged in pairs, and in bigger packs four.

6.) Twix 4 to Go
The Mars company sold about $116 million in Twix last year.  More specifically, the Twix 4 To Go, which come in packages of four.  Twix are made of cookies and caramel and then covered in chocolate.  Twix were introduced to Americans in 1993 by the Mars Company.  This is also the most expensive top selling candy with chocolate as well as 60 cents more than a regular Twix.  

7.) 3 Musketeers
The number seven candy on this list is one of my personal favorites.  3 Musketeers made more than $100 million in 2015.  These candies were introduced by the Mars company in 1932.  The 3 Musketeers’ sales decreased by about 10%, but an explanation for that could be their lack of advertising.  3 Musketeers are fluffy chocolate nougat covered in more chocolate and come in packs of two and one.

8.) Hershey’s Cookies and Creme
Hershey’s Cookies and Creme bars made around $100 million in 2015.  These bars are a variant of the more popular bar, Hershey’s Milk Chocolate.  Hershey’s Cookies and Creme are made with white chocolate and cookie pieces.  Although not as many people like these chocolate bars, they helped to boost over all Hershey bar sales by 9%.

9.) Milky Way
Number nine on the best candies countdown is Milky Way bars.  Milky Way’s made more than $93 million last year.  They were introduced in 1923 by the Mars Company.  Milky Ways are made with nougat, caramel and chocolate.  They come in regular, caramel and dark chocolate.

10.) Almond Joy
The final candy on this list is Almond Joy.  $82 million dollars worth of Almond Joy’s were sold in 2015.  The began being sold in 1946 by the Hershey company.  These yummy candies are made by pressing together coconut and putting almonds on top, then covering them all in chocolate.  They are similar to their other candy, Mounds, that lack the crunchy almonds on top.

This has been the top ten best candies for Halloween, credit to USA Today for the facts and number.  Thanks for reading!

Image from: https://www.stitch.net

37 comments

1. Hey! Me and my mom love Reese’s peanut butter cups. Most of the time we try to sneak and eat them without the other one knowing(it dosn’t work).

-Konnor

2. HI, thanks for telling me which candies pieces are the best, but you could just added a little more pictures, but all together it sounds great.

1. Hi DylanGMS23,
      Some of the candies I also did not agree on. I think that my overall favorite candy is a Milky Way. Thanks for visiting my post!
      Sincerely,
      Gabby

3. Great job! this was packed full of great informatian! What is your favorite candy? Go check out my blog at warefgms23.edublogs.org

4. Hi it is Emma,
    when I read your blog post I was interested because in Australia we don’t have some of those candies. In Australia Halloween isn’t as big but I still love to do it.
    I love how you had some facts about the different candies. I learnt so much more.

Come check out my blog!
    http://emma6wildy.edublogs.org

Emma, Australia

5. I feel like there should be some form of fruity candy on this list as it has always gotten me very far in candy trading. Some examples would be twizzlers or sour patch kids.

1. Hello 20ZaneC,
      I agree that their should be a fruity candy on this list, so people need to buy more! I love to candy trade with my sister and fruity candies are some of her favorites. Thanks for the comment!
      Sincerely,
      Gabby

6. Hi McDowell, I disagree with you. The number one candy should be Butterfingers. Have you ever had one? Butterfinger is a candy bar created in 1923 in Chicago, Illinois by Otto Schnering, which currently is manufactured by Nestlé. The bar consists of a crispy core of creamy peanut butter blended with sugar candy in chocolatey coating. Maybe you should come check out my blog! 2021bas.edublogs.org

7. Hi, I thought this was an awesome post! You had so much information about candy, and I love candy! This is making me hungry. You had lots of facts, overall this is a very good post. Did you go trick-or-treating this year? I know I did! Maybe you could come check out my blog at 2022aps.edublogs.org

8. Hi, my favorite candies are M&Ms, Kit-Kat, and Cookies and Cream Hershey’s. What is your favorite type of candy? Come check out my blog: hmsjennifer’sBlog</a7!

9. Hi,
    I love all of these Halloween candies, but my favorite is definitely Kit Kats. What’s your favorite Halloween candy? Do you like sweet or sour better? Come visit my blog at:
    sophiriver0804.blogspot.com

10. Hello Gabby,
    This is really spectacular that you have the top ten Halloween candies. I am really amazed that the number one selling candy is Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, because a lot of people are allergic to peanut butter. My favorite Halloween candy is Twix. I wonder if the list will change from Halloween in 2016.
    You can visit my blog at http://alejamarti4004.blogspot.com/.

11. Hi, my name is Duncan. I love Kit-Kats myself but my mom could eat Reese’s all day. I love all of the detail you put into this amazing post. I now know what the top favorite Halloween candies is.
    I would appreciate it if you would come visit my blog at http://2022dxg.edublogs.org