Mrs.Riddle staff member of the month

Mrs.Riddle is Mcdowell middle school’s  7th Grade math teacher, she also teaches advanced math.  In this article you will get to know her a little bit better.

Q: Why did you become a teacher?

A: “Both of my parents were teachers, so I always grew up in a house where education was valued.  I loved learning and knew I wanted to follow in my parents footsteps.”

Q: Would/Did you want to teach another subject? If so what subject?

A: “I actually taught LA [language Arts] for 6 [six] years. I loved it, but was excited to change to math.  As of now, I’m not looking to move to another subject.”

Q: How many pets do you have? What are they?

A: “I have a labradoodle dog, Zoey.  She is 1 ½ years old and we love her to pieces!”

Q:How can you deal with kids (teenagers) all the time?

A: “… Some days are better than others!  I’d rather deal with teenagers than wipe noses and tie shoes!!  However, now that I have a teenager at home, I have less patience some days at work.”

Q: What is your favorite sport, is there a certain team?

A: “Favorite sport [to watch] is watch is baseball/ softball.  I love to watch my kids play, but the cincinnati Reds is my favorite pro team.”

Q: What was your favorite grade in school?

A: “First grade, I still remember my teacher.”

Q: Where do you wish you could visit?

A: “I love to travel. I would love to head to scotland.
Mrs.Riddle also gave some advice to student coming up  to 7th grade next year.  Get and stay organized!  Fill in your agenda book daily, complete homework and prepare for test and quizzes, [and] some time needs and should be spent on schoolwork at home.