Mrs. Griffey: Featured Staff Member

As you can tell by the title, this article is about the Featured Staff Member. The staff member I chose was Mrs. Griffey, one of the 7th grade social studies teachers.She is one of my favorite teachers and I was honestly really excited to do this article.

This first question I asked was: Where did you go to college to become a teacher?

She replied, “I went to Bowling Green State University.”

Secondly, I asked her: “Did you always want to be a teacher? If not, how old were you when you decided to be one?” She replied, “I decided I wanted to be a teacher when I was 9 or 10 years old.”

I then asked, “What made you decide that you wanted to be a teacher?” She said, “My Mom, Grandma, and Uncle were all teachers and my sister is an instructor, so it’s kind of a family tradition.”

Fourthly, I asked, “Can you see either of your boys becoming teachers?”

She answered, “Yes, I can see both Gavin (5th grade) and Garrett (9th grade) becoming teachers. But Garrett most of all. They both like to work with kids. “

For those out there that want to be teacher, this part’s for you. I asked Mrs. Griffey, “How many years did you have to go to school to become a teacher?”

She replied quickly, “Five and a half years. I was double majored. I can teach pre-kindergarten through 8th grade, any subject, but social studies is my favorite. This is my dream job.”

Now, you can probably see why I chose Mrs. Griffey as the Featured Staff Member. She is funny, friendly and one of the best social studies teachers that I’ve ever had.

One comment

1. Mrs. Griffey is one of the best teachers I have ever known. I have been blessed with the opportunity to teach with her both at Laurelville and at McDowell.