Percy Jackson

If you need a new book to read and you like action then you should read the Percy Jackson series written by Rick Riordan. It’s is about demigods, the son or daughter of a Greek god, and the camp that they go to to be safe from the monsters that want to kill them. The main character in these books is Percy Jackson with other important characters such as Annabeth Chase, Grover Underwood, Mr. D, and Chiron.

While at the camp, there are quests that campers do once given a prophecy. The prophecies are given by the Oracle. Prophecies given by the Oracle are riddles about what’s going to happen to that group that’s on the quest. Also at the camp, there are games such as capture the flag, climbing a rock wall that spills lava and crushes you if you are too slow, and etc..

There are also spin-offs to the series as well such as the Heroes of Olympus. In the first book, the Lost Hero, Jason Grace lost his memory and arrives at this school where he meets Piper McLean and Leo Valdez. Jason remembers nothing at all and barely knows his name. When they arrive at camp, they meet Annabeth Chase and she said that they have lost a camp member, Percy Jackson.

Well that was a book review about the Percy Jackson series and one of the spin-offs. I would give these books 5 stars because they’re so great. I hope that you read these book because that would make me happy.

3 comments

1. I also like the Rick Riordan books – they are enjoyable but also teach about history. I have many students who come to the library and check out the Percy Jackson books.

1. Mrs. Borland,
      Whenever we talk about the Greeks and Romans, I’ve learned so many gods and what their powers are from Percy Jackson. Now some Egypt ones because I’ve read the Kane Chronicles. It is nice.

2. This is the most legit review on PJO that I have ever read, and I read a lot of them. This is my favorite book series and you did a MARVELOUS job describing it!