Top Ten Thanksgiving Foods

During the month of November, we count all of our blessings and remember the first Thanksgiving between the Pilgrims and Native Americans.  Our families gather together in anticipation of the holidays and have a feast.  One thing that we should all be thankful for is our food.  We might not all realize it but not every kid goes home to a house that has good food in it, and we should really remember that.  Thanksgiving is an American holiday that falls on the fourth Thursday in every November.  So, here are the top ten Thanksgiving foods, in my opinion.

1. Grandma’s Fresh Baked Pumpkin Pie with Whip Cream and Candied Pecans

Grandma’s pumpkin pie is a delicious course made by my 85 year old great grandma, she still gets around though.

1. Mom’s Green Bean Casserole

Mom’s green bean casserole is a salty dish and creamy dish with just the right amount of crunchy onions on the top.

1. Aunt Jan’s Stuffing

Aunt Jan’s creamy cornbread stuffing is sweet and salty and it melts in your mouth.

1. Warm Rolls with Butter

My Thanksgiving meal isn’t complete without a roll or two with lots of butter.

1. Dad’s Cranberry Sauce

Dad’s cranberry sauce is a sweet side to go with your meal.  This dish includes fresh cranberries, orange juice and honey.

1. Meme’s Corn Casserole

Every year Meme makes her Corn Casserole in the same giant yellow bowl.

1. Delicious Sweet Potato Casserole

Sweet potato casserole is covered in brown sugar to make it a bit sweet.

1. Creamy Mashed Potatoes with Chicken Gravy

Mashed potatoes with gravy is a must have on this holiday for most people.  Who could disagree?

1. Honey Baked Ham

Honey Baked Ham is an essential for my family’s feast.

1. Turkey

Some bake it, some fry it but it’s still turkey!  This is a traditional Thanksgiving food and has to be number one on my list.

Your family traditions may be different than mine, but it is still a great holiday.  The most important thing about Thanksgiving is spending time with your family, creating memories to last and hopefully eating some delicious food. What are your favorite foods on Thanksgiving?  Do you celebrate this special holiday like I do?  I hope you enjoyed my article on top ten Thanksgiving foods!

image from: https://flic.kr/p/sUgmp