5 Fun Facts to Lighten up Your Day

Here are some facts that will lighten up your day, i’m sure.

1. A baby octopus is about the size of a flea when it is born.

Yes, I never knew that baby octopuses are the size of fleas. That’s really short for an animal that is usually known for being a size of a Man.

2. A baby spider is called a spiderling.

I don’t know what’s up with these baby animals. Anyway, I guess baby spiders are so cute that they have to have that name. But, I have to disagree. A evil-bug looking creature that has lots of eyes and 8 legs does not sound cute. But who knows.

3. The person who invented the Frisbee was cremated and made into frisbees after he died!

This fact might not be, so I say, “fun”, but it is interesting. It does make some sense, if you look at it directly. I mean, if I was the creator of plates lets say, and wouldn’t be an honor to be what you were known for? Actually, that would be weird a bit, but whatever.

4. Cherophobia is the fear of fun.

There is a lot of weird and unusual phobias out there, and this one is clearly one of the weirdest. You could never live life to the fullest if you had this phobia. They’ll be that one person who doesn’t join in on conversations or never goes anyplace because they’re scared.

5. When hippos are upset, their sweat turns red.

This fact, our final one, is some sort of a magic act. Hippos, can actually turn their sweat red when upset. They can also put on a ”Sunscreen”, which is indeed, sweat, to block out the sun’s rays.

Thanks for reading my 5 facts to lighten up your day. Be sure to check back on McDowell Media for new post every day.

Image from: http://www.thenewdealer.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/fun_facts.png

21 comments

1. Ian s
    This is a very nice blog. The baby octopus lightened my day up. Why didn’t you put pictures for example.

2. Ian S.
    I really enjoyed reading this. I had no idea any of these were real. I mean, I hate spiders so I don’t see them as cute either. Can you imagine being a hippo for a day and not knowing about the sweat?

-Amartinez117 http://www.flags8.org

3. hi, this is so cool, I didnt know any if this. Red sweat, how wierd. Are there any more wierd, yet fun facts you could tell me?

4. Ian, I enjoyed learning about these cool and interesting facts. I especially enjoyed the frisbee one since I sometime play with one. Also, about the phobia one, I never knew that was a phobia. Do you happen to know someone who has that?
    http://flags8.org

1. I think I might, because some people, I guess don’t want to have fun. But thanks for visiting and Liking my post! 😀

5. Ian,

This blog was really interesting. My favorite facts was about the dead dude turning into a frisbee. Which one was your favorite out of all of them?

6. Dear Ian,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog , you state pretty fun and funny things. Why did you not insert pictures?

1. Yes, I got them from a reliable source. I also looked up all these facts on google and check if they were real, because I didn’t even know if they were real! Thanks for liking my post! 🙂