Fun Facts

Earth is the only planet not named after a god.

The other seven planets; Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune are all named after Roman gods. Even the former planet Pluto was named after the Roman god of the underworld, also known as Hades, in Greek.

Left handed people are smart.

That’s right, lefties! Studies show that geniuses are more likely to be left handed than right.

The heart of a blue whale is the size of a Mini Cooper.

A blue whale is the largest animal in the world. On average the heart of the blue whale weighs about 1,000 pounds!

Male kangaroos flex their biceps to impress female kangaroos.

Animals can do some pretty weird things to attract the opposing gender. This one is really weird, though. I guess, kangaroos are like some men. Sorry guys.

If you suppress a sneeze you could die.

WHAT! Yep. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you could rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die. Don’t hold your sneezes in anymore.

4 comments

1. TAYAPHILLIPS2021

I thought that all these facts where very interesting, now I know not to hold my sneezes. The most interesting fact I didn’t know is that left handed people are most likely to become geniuses rather then right handed. I am right handed, what hand do you write with?
    abergado
    http://www.flags8

1. I am also right handed. Although I am in both advanced math and advanced language arts, I guess i’m not a genius.

2. Tayaphillips2021,
    These are really interesting facts. I’d love to hear more. Where did you hear/see all of these? Maybe If you have time you could visit my class blog: flags8.org

3. All of these facts were very interesting and fun to read. I tend to hold my sneezes in so I’ll have to remember not to. The one that was my favorite was the one about how male kangaroos flex their biceps to impress female kangaroos. I never knew they did that.