Five Facts To Cheer You Up

Humpback whales have best friends that they visit yearly.

Why can’t whales have best friends too? Well, they do. Studies show that similar aged, female, humpback whales actually have a best friend that they spend their summer feeding with and practically chilling with. In fact, the longest humpback whale friendship was 6 years! That always cheers me up because I know that even the whales find comfort in their best friends.

The people that voiced Mickey and Minnie Mouse were married in real life.

It’s true! Wayne Anthony Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse for 32 years, was married to Russi Taylor, the voice actress that voiced Minnie mouse for 29 years.  Russi once said this “Everyone thought it was sweet that we were together, though we kept it quiet for a while.  We kept hearing how cute it was that Mickey and Minnie married.  Yet, we didn’t want it to be about the characters.  It was about Wayne and Russi.” I think that is awesome!

Turtles can breath out of their butts

Weird, right? Yeah, this one made me giggle. It’s called “cloacal breathing” which is actually used by the turtles to stay under water than they normally could. Whenever I have a sad moment or when I really need a laugh, I remember that sometimes turtles have to do some pretty weird things to stay in their homes.

May 29th is officially “Put a Pillow on Your Fridge Day”

Its celebrated in the United States and United Kingdom, and it’s supposed to bring luck and wealth to your home. No one really knows where his tradition came from, but a little bit before the 1930’s people would put cloth in their rooms for storing food. The people that did that also thought it would bring luck and wealth to their homes. Overall, no one really knows where this came from, but it sure is silly.

Sea otters hold hands when they sleep

Aw! How cute! Yes, they really hold hands when the sleep, eat and relax. The otters actually do it so they don’t drift apart from their families, and they tie plants around them to secure them together. The correct term for their cute-hand-holding fest is rafting, and sometimes they can raft in groups of two, or groups of HUNDREDS! That is too cute!

Image from: http://unrealfacts.com/

5 comments

1. Thanks for your comments guys! I think that my funniest fact is probably the turtle fact and my favorite is definitely the Humpback Whale fact. I love all of the facts but those two are my favorites!