Look at the clothes you are wearing. Now, look at the clothes that the person next to you is wearing. You’re probably wearing something similar to them or either completely different clothes. Well, we’re going to be talking about the clothes you like to wear and what other people like to wear, and what people wear most often. But before we start, here are some honorable mentions: Hollister, J.C. Penney, and Arizona. Let’s get started.
5. Abercrombie & Fitch: This brand is more on the stylish side of clothing, making its customers around the 13-17 range. It’s headquarters are in Ohio, actually, and in New Albany. Here’s a little fun fact! Did you know that Hollister is another brand that Abercrombie has made? Bet you never heard that!
4. Adidas: Adidas is a German company that makes sport-style clothes, shoes, bags and non-sport apparel like watches. It’s actually the second most largest sportswear in the world, after Nike. There has been some rivalry over the years with Puma and Adidas. The founder of Puma was actually the brother of Adolph, the creator of Adidas. They didn’t meet eye to eye so they split up to make some well known brands. That’s some family rivalry.
3. Converse: Converse is one of the most well-known brands of clothes (Just Shoes!) in the world. Converse, or Chucks, are for the everyday person, and fit any occasion. The owners are actually Nike, ( I’ll be mentioning this a lot) the Sport brand. Since they are so recognizable, the brand sued Walmart, Sketchers, Kmart, and 28 others of breaking trademark laws. That is 31 brands!
2. Under Armour: Under Armour is a well-known sporting brand of clothing founded by Kevin Plank, a captain of a Maryland Football team. He started making clothes in his grandmother’s basement and traveled to the east coast hoping to sell his clothes. This brand is one of the most recognizable because of it’s logo, a U and an A mixed together, and from sporting events like football and baseball.
1. Nike: Nike, is flat out, the best clothing brand (In my opinion). You see everyone wear it, in school, walking down the street, on TV, everywhere! They make any sport wear you can think of. Shoes, shirts, shorts, tank tops, polo shirts, you name it. The brand name, Nike, was based on the Roman Goddess, Nike. Nike was the goddess of Victory, and her wings might have inspired the Nike Swoosh.
Well, that wraps my Top Five List. Be sure to check back here often for more interesting stories on McDowell Media.
Image From: http://www.alternet.org/files/story_images/clothes.png