The Blood of Olympus Review

In this post I am going to do a review on The Blood of Olympus book.  The Blood of Olympus is the fifth book in the Heroes of Olympus series.  I would recommend reading the other books before reading this one because it does go in chronological order.  The author of this book is Rick Riordan which is the author of the Percy Jackson series.  This book is a fiction book that has Greek and Roman mythology with a little twist.

The book’s about seven demigods who go on a quest to stop Gaea (the Earth Mother) from rising and destroying the world.  They have lots of trouble with monsters such as Cyclopes, Earthborn and Dracaena.  They also have trouble with Gaea’s children, the Giants,  who promise gods and goddesses that is they stop the demigods they will be given unlimited power and freedom to do as they wish once Gaea rises.  There is one part in the book (not giving a name) where a goddess tries to destroy the demigods mode of transportation because she wanted to be “feared and respected” but she didn’t get that she couldn’t be feared or respected because once Gaea arises no humans/demigods would be left.  

I really recommend this book to anyone who likes fantasy/adventure books.  It’s by far one of my favorites.  Also, if you read the Percy Jackson series’ then you’ll definitely like this one.   Again, I would really recommend reading book one, two, three, and four before reading this one.  It’s kind of a long book but it’s worth reading it.  So this has been all about The Blood of Olympus book, you should give it a try!